A demonstration of the leadership, motivation and practical training required for group exercise instructors who wish to train to develop a safe and effective exercise class.
The role of a Fitness Instructor Specialist has evolved far beyond being a basic "aerobic instructor". As a group exercise expert, you will assist club members in a fun and motivating setting. A qualified Fitness Instructor Specialist can lead groups in various formats of cardiovascular conditioning, muscle strength and endurance training, stretching and relaxation, or a calming cool-down. A Can-Fit-Pro certified FIS is knowledgeable about different types of music, understands how to use music in a group setting, keeps current on the latest fitness trends and is able to give generalized advice about healthy living and proper nutrition.
The Fitness Instructor Specialist Course
This is a comprehensive 25-hour course that will increase your knowledge and confidence level to lead a group fitness class to music.
- Aspects of fitness, wellness and basic training principles
- Fitness theory: skeletal, muscular, neurological, cardiovascular and pulmonary systems
- Kinesiology/anatomy in action and bioenergetics
- Components of a fitness class from the warm-up to the cool-down
- Musicality: phrasing, cueing and appropriate music selection
- Leadership and motivation skills
- Special populations and injuries
The Fitness Instructor Specialist Course Manual
Can-Fit-Pro has worked with two of
The Fitness Instructor Specialist Exam
Those who choose the option to progress and become a certified Fitness Instructor Specialist will complete a theory and a practical exam. These two components assess the candidate's knowledge, teaching ability, and skills to lead a safe and fun fitness class. The theory exam consists of 75 multiple choice questions and short answer questions. The practical exam is an actual fitness class demonstration evaluated by your PRO Trainer.
A Certified Fitness Instructor Specialist Provides:
- A dynamic fitness class that is safe and fun to join
- Exercise modifications for various levels of participants
- A motivational exercise environment
- A variety of class formats (step, low impact, boxing, muscle conditioning)
- Effective exercise demonstration and instruction
- Support and encouragement for all participants
Place: Thunder Bay region at Confederation College Fitness Centre 807-475-6398
Contact: PRO TRAINER Anne Parr 807-630-9528 cell
REGISTER: directly online......