F.I.T. (Functional Interval Training)
Winter Live Classes 2022
We are asked to not come more than 5 minutes early for any registered programs and/or drop in activities. Congregating outside the room(s) is not permitted at this time. Please ensure that you follow COVID safety protocols to keep everyone safe. We do require that you maintain your attendance sheet up to date at each class for COVID contact tracing requirements.
DAY: Tuesday / Friday 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
DATE: April 5 - June 10th
PLACE: Thunder Bay 55 + 700 River St.
register for Programs by August 11th telephone, - call 684-3066 or in person
Instructor Anne Parr Certified Fitness Instructor Specialist
Learn new ways to become strong from the inside out. Specific exercise taught to strengthen weak muscles, ligaments and tendons, correct posture, alignment, balance, co-ordination, Strength busting the belly fat. HOW & WHY?
This progressive class will challenge cardiovascular & muscular strength, endurance, flexibility, co-ordination and agility. Enjoy life to the fullest.
- This active interval cardiovascular, strength training class is designed to improve posture, balance, coordination, flexibility and much more for overall daily mobility.
- Learn to engage your whole foot & cores stabilizers improving posture and alignment. Some equipment is used Free weights, Dyna Bands, GymStick, Stability Ball, Drumming and more) ensure you progressively train to your abilities safely.
- Learn new breathe techniques, training heart rate and much more
F.I.T. (Functional Interval Training) FTF Level – B •
Activities include strengthening, cardio, suspension training, as well as body awareness and balance training • Participants with lower levels of mobility are welcome to participate, and build up your strength and cardio • Accessible to a wide range of participants, including those in wheelchairs or with chronic conditions.
The City of Thunder Bay mask mandate will now be replaced by a strong masking recommendation effective Monday, May 2, for most areas of the Corporation. Direction from the Chief Medical Officer of Health for Ontario continues to require masking in Long Term Care and public facing areas of Transit. While each of you may make the decision that is best for you, we do strongly recommend wearing a mask as an added layer of protection at this time.
Individuals who develop COVID-19 symptoms, test positive, or are identified as a close contact have additional masking requirements.
· Individuals identified as close contacts are to wear a well-fitted mask, physical distance and maintain other public health measures for 10 days following their last exposure. (Note: Household contacts would have ongoing exposure until the end of the symptomatic/positive individual’s isolation period. This means a household members last exposure date is the last day of the individual’s isolation period (i.e. if the symptomatic/positive individual has to isolate for 5 days, the household close contact is to wear a mask in public settings for the 5 days during the individuals isolation period, plus an additional 10 days, for a total of 15 days)).
· Individuals who have COVID-19 symptoms or test positive are to wear a well-fitted mask for a total of 10 days after the date they tested positive or developed symptom (whichever is earlier/applicable).
Thank you for your patience and compliance as we navigate the changes the pandemic brings. Please continue to practice respect in all your interactions as we all have differently levels of comfort.
Thunder Bay 55 +
New Policies and procedures: Now, we directly register and process payments on the spot Refund policy If you are ever asked about a refund for withdrawing from your classes, here is our policy for your information. We ask that participants please speak to the office staff or call the Centre (684-3066) before the beginning of the THIRD class to receive a full refund. Refunds for medical reasons only will be granted after the second class and will be pro-rated. Full Refund (will only be issued for the following reasons): If a participant is withdrawing before the first 2 classes; or if the class has to be cancelled; then a full refund will be issued using the original method of payment. If registration was paid for using a credit card, a refund will be issued back to the same credit card and can take up to 2 weeks to process. If a registration was paid for using cash, cheque or debit, the refund will be in the form of a cheque from the City of Thunder Bay and it can take approximately 2-3 weeks to process. NO refunds will be issued if the withdrawal brings the number of people in the class below the minimum number needed to run the class. NO refunds will be issued for Punch Cards that have been used. They are good for 1 full year from time of issue. Thank you
You can call the registration Hotline at 625-8463. This will alleviate some of the congestion at the front desk.