WHAT ARE THE PRE-REQUISITES FOR BECOMING AN ASSOCIATE PRO TRAINER?
• Certification, degree, or diploma in a fitness or health related field – i.e. Kinesiology, Health Sciences, Group Fitness, Personal Training.
• Hold a valid canfitpro membership and be certified in the canfitpro discipline that they wish to teach.
• A self-directed entrepreneur with a business growth mindset.
• Experience teaching, training and/or coaching within the fitness industry.
• Gym floor/gym environment/personal training experience (PTS).
• Experience teaching live group fitness classes (FIS).
• Experience in nutrition consulting/coaching (HWL).
• Experience teaching adults, presenting workshops and/or conference sessions.
• Access to online streaming device with a minimum 4.0 GB RAM for online course delivery.
• Access to a suitable and professional space for online course delivery.
• Own a gym or studio or able to provide a guaranteed host location with a professional teaching/learning environment.
• Currently on social media/online presence.
• Growth mindset. Participating in continuous education.
• Enthusiasm, excitement, and a love for fitness!
WHAT IS A canfitpro ASSOCIATE PRO TRAINER?
Canfitpro Associate PRO TRAINERS are ambassadors for canfitpro and experts in their specialty. With the help of canfitpro the Lead PRO TRAINER, Associate PRO TRAINERS can help organize and promote your certification courses and conduct the theoretical and practical exams both online and in person. YOU ARE READY FOR AN ASSOCIATE PRO TRAINER WHEN,
• Your business demand surpasses what you are able to deliver alone.
• You are looking to expand your business reach. i.e. other cities, Provinces etc.
• You are looking to add a new certification course to your business but not teach it yourself. i.e. your currently teach PTS and would like to offer FIS to your network but are not currently certified yourself.
• You are ready to mentor and coach a new PRO TRAINER to success
THERE IS AN INVESTMENT TO TAKE ON AN ASSOCIATE PRO TRAINER.
Application fee - $65.00 + applicable taxes. PRO TRAINER Investment Fee - $743.00 + applicable taxes.
The investment fee can be paid in full prior to the training camp or in 3 monthly equal instalments. First payment will be taken prior to attending training camp. All fees are a onetime investment. The fees can be paid completely by the Associate PRO TRAINER or the Lead PRO TRAINER. You may come to a business agreement that the Lead PRO TRAINER pays a portion of the investment back to the Associate PRO TRAINER. This would be a contractual agreement between Lead and Associate PRO TRAINER not canfitpro.
THE BUSINESS DYNAMIC BETWEEN LEAD AND ASSOCIATE PRO TRAINER.
All business decisions are decided between the Lead and Associate PRO TRAINER. Essentially the Associate PRO TRAINER is a sub-contractor to the Lead PRO TRAINER and an expansion to your business. As a Lead PRO TRAINER you are responsible for;
• Paying the Associate PRO TRAINER. • Creating and deciding on the Associate PRO TRAINER’S compensation package.
• Creating a legally binding contract between you and your Associate PRO TRAINER.
• Mentoring and continuous feedback for growth and development. • Scheduling and invoicing for all courses and exams through the CRM.
• Your Associate PRO TRAINER’S certifications and membership are up to date.
• Your Associate PRO TRAINER is delivering all canfitpro courses and exams to the same standard as canfitpro’s and your business requirements.
• Ensuring your Associate PRO TRAINER has adequate insurance.
• Ensuring your Associate is in attendance to any canfitpro required meetings and events.
HOW TO EXPRESS INTEREST AND MOVE FORWARD WITH A REQUEST.
• Identify and connect with the individual you are considering.
• Ensure you have informed them of what an Associate PRO TRAINER is and the requirements to apply.
• Email Nicky Nock PRO TRAINER Account Manager email@example.com and express interest. Please include the proposed candidates name, certification and location and cc them in on the initial interest email.
• You and the proposed Associate PRO TRAINER will be invited to attend a Zoom call with Nicky all together to ask questions and expand the role and application process if required.
• During/After the Zoom call it will be decided if an application will be submitted.
APPLICATION PROCESS/INFORMATION FOR POTENTIAL ASSOCIATE PRO TRAINER
STEP 1 - Express Interest. Express interest to your canfitpro Lead PRO TRAINER. They will contact the appropriate representative at canfitpro home office.
STEP 2 –Let's Get to Know Eachother. • You will be invited to a Zoom call with a canfitpro certification department team member and your Lead PRO TRAINER. During the Zoom meeting, we will get to know each other better, explore the role, talk through the dynamic between lead and associate and of course ask and answer questions live.
STEP 3 – Paperwork. • Complete the application form provided on the final page of this information package. • Include a one-page letter of intent describing your qualifications and experience. • Provide your professional resume and list of 3 professional references. • Provide copies of your professional certification(s), documents, and CPR you did within the last 12 months (canfitpro requires annual recertification). • Submit a professional headshot and bio.
STEP 4 – Video Application Component. A) 10 minute lecture geared towards fitness professional taking the PTS or FIS course. Please select content from the PTS or FIS manual. B) 10 minutes of a practical component i.e. – Teaching a section of a group exercise class (FIS) or a segment of a personal training session (PTS) with the focus being on educating fitness professionals.
STEP 5 – Assessment by canfitpro PRO TRAINER Admin Team. The application package will be viewed. This may take 5-10 business days.
STEP 6 – Approval to proceed to PRO TRAINER Training Camp or Feedback for resubmission. If approved to attend the next PRO TRAINER training camp, the candidate will receive onboarding paperwork and information. If the application does not meet requirements, feedback will be given in order to attempt a resubmission.
PREP FOR TRAINING CAMP As your Associate PRO TRAINER’S mentor, you can begin to help them learn content, practice teaching skills, and ensure they have accessed the PRO TRAINER portal and Online Learning System (OLS). An Associate PRO TRAINER cannot perform any official tasks until completion of the training camp. This includes, teaching in a course, exam proctoring or portal scheduling. Once an Associate PRO TRAINER has completed the training camp, they are now able to fulfil all role requirements