Holistic Fitness, Land , Water, New Online courses & classes
Sir Winston Churchill Pool NO Classes Until after Feb. 11th
Mon/Wed/Fri 10:45 - 11:30am
New Policies upon coming to class:
All staff and members of the public must self monitor before entering the facility each day.
I have attached a copy of the staff screening tool that we are currently using which must be signed each day you work.
There are screening questions on the front door for members of the public to ask themselves before they enter the building but we are working on turning the screening process into an online questionnaire in the near future.
- There is a hand sanitizing station at the front entrance.
- Masks must be worn in the front lobby area and the change rooms. Masks are not mandatory on the pool deck because of the moist, hot, humid environment.
- Once a participant is changed into their bathing suit and ready to go on deck they may take their mask off and leave it with there belongings. They must then put the mask back on once they enter the change room again at the end of their class.
- We are going to start by limiting the aquabics classes to 15 participants and see how it goes. We are asking the participants to just dry off quickly after aquabics and shower at home so we can get people dressed and out of the change room as quick as possible. We cannot have crowds in the change rooms so some of the class may need to wait on deck/in the pool for the change room to clear out after the class. For this reason we do not want people taking time to shower.
- We also now have a large plexi-glass at the front desk. If staff feel comfortable they do not need to wear a mark behind the front desk or in the staff office because the area is not open to the public.
- To sign up for any swims or aquabics classes memebers of the public must call the front desk at Churchill Pool (577-2538). There is currently no online registration. Patrons may call starting at 5pm 4 days ahead of time to sign up for swim times or aquabics classes. Eg. To book a time on Friday people can start calling Monday at 5pm.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Program Supervisor, Community Aquatics – Churchill Pool
City of Thunder Bay
Recreation & Culture Division
Lakehead University Pool Not Open TBA
Pre-Register Thunder Bay 55 + or drop in with your Pass
Instructor Anne Parr FIS
FACILITY CAPACITY COUNTER
Drop in with your membership or Drop In Pass Instructor Anne Parr FIS
Aquatic Programs Lakehead University Pool
Lakehead University CJ Saunders Fieldhouse
955 Oliver Road across from the Regional Hospital
AQUA Jog in deep Water
Register at front desk payment options
Parking is extra pay each time at handy out side machine or buy per monthly to full year.
Watch for new fall program and New Membership options
Water exercise Benefits:
Why Water & What to Expect
Complete workout all components -warm-up cardio - metabolic -strength / resistance training, cool down with dynamic stretching
Why Aquatics is important?