Anne Parr canfitpro PRO TRAINER Certified Fitness Instructor Specialist 2000 - present
canfitpro FIS 1998 - present
Recreation Leadership Diploma 1971 OFC 1982 - 1998
canfitpro FIS 1998 - present
Recreation Leadership Diploma 1971 OFC 1982 - 1998
Anne Marie Parr
415 B University Dr.
Thunder Bay Ontario P7C 2C7
Prior to teach group fitness & training I was a Red Cross & Royal Life Saving Instructor & Exam to Award of Merit Level. Recreation Leadership Diploma 1971 than work for Browndale as a child care worker & principal of the school program 1973 to 1982 I worked with child care staff hired Board of Education Teacher & professional staff. Designed individual programs to helped children who had difficulty in a regular school setting to move in a positive healthy active environment to their success.
Recreation is my back ground loving many different activities from swimming to golf, pole walking, skiing downhill and cross country, hunting small game, gardening and knitting and much much more. Variety is the spice of life in all you do. My Resume
To share my many years of training & experience with those inspiring to be the best group fitness instructor specialist with in their community. Bringing the professional side of fitness where fitness is seen as a hobby business not as profession in high demand. My goal to educate all interested in becoming a Fitness Instructor Specialist to shine with their uniqueness so all can be seen as professional. Continue Educating for all canfitpro Certified Fitness Instructor Specialist / PTS (and other genres) with the right tools can be valuable to facilities and communities by inspiring healthy active people responsible for their own health and wellness. Bringing together the Region of Thunder Bay all fitness professionals to work, learn & share together. Looking at how our role is different from Southern Ontario. To motivate all who may be struggling with how to get started and continue for a life time. To communicate the importance of fitness, wellness and health through life. Big Goal to have a canfitpro conference in Thunder Bay in-compassing all of North Western Ontario by utilizing the expertise we have within the Region. Wawa to Fort Frances. Accomplished Sept 23rd 2017 Thunder Bay FITNESS SUMMITT all presenters from Thunder Bay fundraiser for Mental Health and PARO. New Goal for 2018 – become more recognized within our communities a professionals from the basic instructor specialist to the PRO’s (Kinesiologists, Physiotherapists, Yoga, dance, Martial Arts Instructors, personal trainers specialists fitness instructor specialists and so many more) bringing us together as one.
2018 - Savasauna Foundations 8 hours
2017 - Passion and Profit
2016 - Your Secret Weapon for Smart Program Design Functional Movement Screen
2015 - Heart Wise Exercise Training Course Exam
2008 Licensed 1019 GYMSTICK Cardio & Gymstick Muscle Instructor,
- Taiji Qigong -Six Forms for Health Instructor Certification.
2000 - Present - Can-Fit-Pro PRO TRAINER FIS 25 hour Certification course & exam
1998 - Present - Can-Fit-Pro Certified Fitness Instructor Specialist
1982 - 1998 - Fitness Instructor (Certified 1988) - O.F.C. (Ontario Fitness Council).
1973 - 1982 - Child Care worker, Principle & Research Assistant private school for emotionally challenged children
1969 - 1971 - Recreation Leadership Diploma
Certifications & Continuing Education
canfitpro Toronto Expo 2017
Passion & Profit full day
Total CECs 10-FIS 10-PTS 3-PFS 5-HWL
- 6 Simple Steps to a Bigger, Happier, Healthier, Mre Productive Life (L)
- The CHEK Approach to Nutrition for the Fitness Professional (L)
- All About Adrenals (L)
- YogaFit for Balancing Moods (W/S)
- Performance Under Pressure: Avoiding Burnout (W/S
- Aqua Zen (W/S)
- Know Your Hip Hinge to Level Up (W/S)
- Leadership As Developed in the Autism Playroom (L)
- 5-Step Method for Creating an Online Group Program (L)
canfitpro Toronto Expo 2016 "
- Your Secret Weapon for Smart Program Design
Functional Movement Screen (FMS) (W/S)
- OPENING CEREMONIES: 5 Things You Need to Do Every Day (L)
- PLYOGA #YourBodyIsPower (W/S)
- CPR Level A
- 101 Ways to BOSU (W/S)
- Effectively Preparing Clients for Today’s Functional Exercise Approaches (L)
- PPOUND-ROCKOUT. Workout. (W/S)
- 7 Ways Stress Impacts Your Thyroid (L)
- Everybody Dance (W/S)
- Keiser Cycling: Get Your Asana to the Cycle Studio (W/S)
- CLOSING CEREMONIES - Healthy Inspiration (L)
- Neuroplasticity 101: Train the Brain (L)
canfitpro Toronto Expo 2015 "Go Further"
- Passion and profit
- TRX & FORM / Form for healthy aging (w/s)
- opening ceremonies - exercise is the BEST Medicine: Your role in Preventing and Transforming Chronic Disease (L)
- ZENGA - Fascial Fitness: Exploring the Arm lines (w/s)
- LTS : LeBARRE (w/s)
- Surge: Reactive Resistance Training (w/s)
- TRX & Form: Partner Fusion Workout (w/s)
- LTS: LeHITT (w/s)
- The Ten Pillars of Burning Calories and Boosting Fat Metabolism (L)
- Dancing for the JOY (w/s)
- Get Centred - Dance + Tai Chi + Yoga Fusion Workshop (w/s)
- The Physiology of High Intensity Interval Exercise (L)
- Yoga and Medication for relaxation (w/s)
canfitpro Toronto 2014
- Passion and Profit: Make Thousands More in your PRO TRAINER Business! (L)
- CPR level A
- Schwinn® Cycling Presents Mindy Mylrea's Favorite Ride "Tabata Tantrum" (W/S)
- Thinking and Effective Use of Mind: a 1-2-3-4 Approach (L)
- Be the Expert in Your Field: the Information Your Prenatal Clients Want & Need to Know (L)
- 3-D Flexibility for Golf (W/S)
- Cardiovascular Exercise Muscle Testing (W/S)
- STOTT PILATES® Matwork for Breast Cancer Rehab (W/S)
- Chakra Dance Party (W/S)
- Aqua Pre and Post-Natal: The Advantages of Vertical Water Training during the Childbearing Years (L)
- STOTT PILATES® Postural Theory and Application to Pilates Exercises (W/S)
- How Inflammation Affects Your Exercise (L)
- How to Find Your Hidden Revenue Streams (L)
canfitpro Toronto conference 2013
canfitpro Toronto Conference 2012
- VIPR Instructor Certification, - CPR Level A, - Aqua Zumba Pool party, - Exercise the Ultimate Brain and Mental Health Booster,
- TRX High Intensity Metabolic Conditioning,- Heavy Breathing - the science of Respiration during Resistance Training,
- TRX Rip Traning sports Performance,- Pro Functional Training System - Fat Loss Session,
- Small Group Training Solutions TEAM Training 2012, - Rip 60 Suspended Rotation,- Exercise design for Clients with Diabetes,
- The 7 Proven Strategies to Boot Camp success.
canfitpro Toronto Conference 2011:
Using Facilitated Stretching in the Gym, CPR heart Saver A & AED, Gymstick Chair Fitness, Whole-in One Golf Conditioning, Golf Mechanisms & Functional Corrections, Identifying your Primal Pattern Diet, TRX Body Blast, SPRI 360 Circuit Challenge, Zumba Toning,Trigger Point Therapy, TRX Advanced Core Conditioning, Tai Chi Warm-up and Cool Downs, Making over $200 an hour as a Personal Trainer.
canfitpro Toronto Conference 2010
Aqua Personal Trainer Inspiring & expands Practice, The Philosophy of Longevity, Active Recover, Play hard, Rest hard, Dynamic Duos - Bender / glider mash-up, Monday morning moves. Leadership through rough restorative teaching, Creating a 20,000 dollar Business, Matmoves, It takes two to Yoga Partner Yoga
Keep up to date on new programs newest workshop 3 hour course Feldenkrais May 16/09.
canfitpro Toronto Conference 2009
2009 Gliding Total Body Mater Trainer , Aqua GYMSTICK, Digital Music & Technology, Get Up to Speed, Stott Pilates Rotational Disk,Journey Through the charkas, Aquatic Research update beyond the basics, Sweet Step, Be an Online Fitness Guru, Drums Alive - Golden Beats, Experiential Yoga Sutras, Elite Athlete F.I.T.T. Principles for Your Clients. Spin I.C.E.
canfitpro Toronto Conference 2008
2008 Licensed 1019 GYMSTICK Cardio & Gymstick Muscle Instructor, Taiji Qigong -Six Forms for Health Instructor Certification.
-Using Facilitated Stretching in the Gym
Certifications by Specialty:
Certified Rebook Spin Instructor Basic, I.C.E. , Resista-Ball Modula 1- V, & C.O.R.E. Instructor Advanced,
Aquatic Instructor & up today workshops,
Continuing education in the fitness field keep up dated in all yoga, Feldenkrais, master glider Instructor Certified, Licensed Gymstick Instructor & aqua Gymstick, sport conditioning, Resist-A-Ball Advanced CORE, BOSU, Basic Pilates, HiLo/Step, Non impact, Latin & various Choreography dance fitness, corrective posture and alignment, C.A.L.A. certification 1966 Group Fitness Management and more.
Last 5 years training on the internet for ecommerce, Update website for fitness programs & fitness & environmentally friendly products, and Internet Marketing.
1971 Recreation Leadership Diploma, Confederation College, grade 12 Diploma Port Arthur Collegiate
37 years Fitness Instructor Specialist teaching for a wide variety of Facilities, City of Thunder Bay 55+, Lakehead University Fieldhouse FIT Yoga - Athletics, Campus Recreation Convener 2007, Kin Practicals 1988 when asked, Ladies Aquatics 3 x week LU Pool, 1986 - taught a variety of fitness programs for Athletic department. My own class - Total Fitness Program for past 28 years, Fitness In the Work Place Ontario Government Building Harbourview Fitness Programs for 11 years continue program at the Bodymind Centre for workers in the down town core and seniors 2003 to date, Thunder Bay 55 + Functional Interval Training with 55 + since 1986, Training staff at a variety of facilities over the past 20 years. Athletic Club Summer 2008, Spare Instructor. Joint venture with Confederation College Fitness Centre & Can-Fit-Pro as a PRO Trainer teaching the basic Fitness Instructor Specialist Certification Course & exam. Teach land and water, special needs children to seniors, healing corrective posture and alignment.
Design manage & maintain a commerce website, internet marketing, customer relations, advertising promoting continuing education.
Do warm-up for the RUN for C.U.R.E., Aids Walk and many more.
Presenter at a variety of Conferences i.e. Light. Hope. Life the 2006 Regional Survivors?
Conference - Canadian Cancer Society. Many workplace fitness - office FIT Breaks O.R.G. Ontario works programs & conferences.
Teach fitness for school programs grades 2 up 12.
1973 - 1982 Child Care worker, School principal Browndale Treatment Centre & Private School, 3 years
- 1977 - 1982 Worked on study with the graduates for emotionally challenge children. National Life Guard
- 1967 - 1973, RLS Examiner to Award of Merit 1979 - 1973,
- Sears Store in various departments weekends after school 1966 - 1969
- 1969 - 1971 in Recreation Leadership course Confederation College - created with other students community schools bringing recreational activities to schools in the evening and weekends - many still active today. Student work place at Lakehead Psychiatric hospital as a recreation leader providing programs to all patients. One month placement Vaughan Street Juvenile Treatment centre Winnipeg Manitoba, taught arts and crafts, games, designed programs for children in centre.
August 2015 -
August 9 2014 - Charkra Dance
- It takes two to Yoga Partner Yoga
- The Experiential Yoga Sutras
- Yoga and Osteoporosis
- The Art of Adjusting Students
- Charkra Health for Fitness Professionals
- Yin Yoga for a Uang World
- Yoga and Pilates Program
- The Art of Back Bending
August 2003 - Yo-Chi Glow
Oct. 25 2003- Fast Track Yoga
Teaching Training Intensive 14 hours
- Frameworks Yoga Instructor Training
August 2002 - Dynamic Yoga
July 28, 29, 30 2001
- Ashtanga Power Yoga - 10 hours
Ontario Fitness Council Certified Fitness Instructor 1982 Thirty six years teaching and training Fitness Programs
continued education throughout - 1998